Eric Sutty is a skilled business attorney with experience representing companies from formation through dissolution and every step in between. He advises companies in financial restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, regulatory compliance, corporate bankruptcy, creditors’ rights and commercial litigation.
Eric regularly represents committees, debtors, debtors-in-possession, secured lenders, unsecured creditors, and trustees in Chapter 11 proceedings. He also represents trustees in Chapter 7 proceedings and post-confirmation estates. He is also an experienced commercial litigator at the state and federal levels in both trial and appellate courts.
Eric is a frequent writer and presenter, and is co-author of “United States Securities Laws Implications of Corporate Restructurings” in the American Bar Association’s Reorganizing Failing Businesses 3rd Edition (2017).
Services and Industries
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Eric served as shareholder at a regional firm in Wilmington, Delaware. He has more than 20 years of experience in private practice.
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., with honors, 2000)
- International Property Law Journal (Case Note Editor)
- Mark Geraci Student Tax Scholarship Award
- University of Baltimore Merrick School of Business (M.B.A., 2000)
- College of William and Mary (B.A., 1994)
- Varsity Football
- Lacrosse Club
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section (Fellow)
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Community Association (Member-at-large, Past President)
- Youth Lacrosse Coach
- TMA Small Company Turnaround/Transaction of the Year Award (2022)
- Top 100 Restructuring Professionals, Global M&A Network (2022)
- Turnaround Atlas Award for the Cross Border Special Situation M&A Deal of Year (sm) (2022)
- “Information Technology Deal of the Year (Under $250MM),” M&A Advisor (March 2018)
- “Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year (Under $500MM)” for the sale of Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc., M&A Advisor (2019)
- “Large Company Transaction of the Year,” Turnaround Management Association National Award (September 2014)
- “M&A Deal of the Year (Over $50MM to $75MM)” and “Agriculture Deal of the Year,” The 6th Annual International M&A Advisor (2007)
- “Sec. 363 Sale of the Year (Over $50MM to $100MM),” 8th Annual Advisor Turnaround Award (2009)
- “Consumer Deal of the Year (Under $50MM),” ACG and M&A Advisor Champions Award (July 2014)
- Turnaround Atlas Awards (June 2014)