A litigator in Armstrong Teasdale’s Financial and Real Estate Services practice group, Erin Edelman leads the firm’s Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy practice and counsels clients in bankruptcy, commercial and real estate litigation matters.
In the business insolvency area, Erin represents the interests of debtors, secured lenders and unsecured creditors seeking to maximize their return through bankruptcy or out-of-court restructuring. Erin handles a variety of complex transactions and litigation related to corporate restructuring, including defending and prosecuting preference and related litigation, negotiating and documenting capital and debt structures, and loan workouts and asset acquisitions and divestitures. She is also involved in real estate matters representing utility companies and handling a variety of real estate litigation, including condemnation proceedings and large-scale tax appeals. In the finance industry, Erin represents lenders in pursuit of remedies for promissory note and guaranty breaches.
In addition, Erin has experience in a wide variety of civil litigation matters.
Services and Industries
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2014)
- Saint Louis University Public Law Review (Staff Member and Symposium Editor)
- Legal Research and Writing Teaching Assistant
- Order of the Woolsack
- Dean's List
- Academic Excellence Awards
- University of Missouri (B.J., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Strategic Communication
- Dean's List
- University of Missouri (B.A., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Political Science
- Illinois, 2015
- Missouri, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- The Missouri Bar
- Urban Harvest STL, Young Friends Board
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Banking and Finance Law (2021-2022), Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2023)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2018-present)
Before joining the firm, Erin was in private practice at another St. Louis firm where she focused on general civil litigation. While in law school, Erin served as a judicial extern for Judge Angela T. Quigless with the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Eastern District.