A former U.S. Marine Corps captain, Jared Walsh is a seasoned military trial lawyer with over a dozen successful jury verdicts. He is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group. Jared is familiar with all aspects of litigation having clerked for a federal magistrate judge, federal district judge, and a panel of judges from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Services and Industries
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Saint Louis University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2008)
- Missouri, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- Theodore McMillian American Inn of Court (Member)
- Federal Bar Association (Southern District of Illinois)
- U.S. Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
- Commanding General’s Honor Role (Graduating in the Top 2 percent of all Marine Officers)
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Jared was the mass action tort law clerk for the Hon. Nancy J. Rosenstengel in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois. During his time with the Southern District, Jared was selected to clerk for Chief Judge Michael J. Reagan when the Judge sat by designation on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Jared first joined the federal judiciary in 2015 when he clerked for the Hon. Karen S. Crawford, Magistrate Judge in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
After law school, Jared served on active duty in the Marine Corps as both a criminal defense attorney (one year) and criminal prosecutor (three years). In his four years with the Marines, he was lead counsel on more than 75 felony cases. He successfully tried more than a dozen jury trials.