Armstrong Teasdale’s product liability attorneys have extensive experience defending clients in significant and complex product liability matters. We represent defendants in single-plaintiff cases, multidistrict class actions and mass tort litigation involving serious personal injuries and catastrophic loss.
Our attorneys develop winning strategies thanks to our in-depth understanding of clients’ products, processes and markets, as well as exceptional knowledge of the underlying science and technologies.
Our team has achieved success in numerous venues that the American Tort Reform Association has called some of the most difficult in the country for corporate defendants.
In addition to trial work, our product liability attorneys help clients take preventative measures to mitigate and eliminate risks.
We have successfully defended manufacturers and distributors in cases involving a wide variety of products, including:
- Construction: boots and gloves, cables, cranes, fabricated steel, front-end loaders, elevators, escalators, hoists, ladders, power equipment, ropes, scaffolding
- Consumer: cleaning supplies, drain cleaners, firearms, fireworks, furnaces, household appliances, lawnmowers, power tools, propane, space heaters, tanning beds, tires
- Industrial: blast furnaces, conveyors, forklifts, food processing equipment, furnaces, packaging machines, presses, transformers, water heaters, gas explosions
- Medical: external fixation devices, prosthethics, diagnostic imaging equipment, oximeters, cardiac pacing devices, orthopedic internal fixation devices, spinal column stimulators, infusion pumps, breast implants, surgical sutures, intraocular lenses
- Pharmaceuticals: vaccines, antidepressants, benzodiazepines, chemonucleolysis agents, NSAIDS, opioids, fluoroquinolone antibiotics, macrolide antibiotics, ergotamine induction agents, proton pump inhibitors, anti-hypertensives, postpartum lactation inhibitors
- Sports and Recreation: playground equipment, above-ground pools, swimming pool ladders and diving boards, boats and watercraft, watercraft accessories, bicycles, fitness equipment
- Toxic Tort: asbestos, chlorine, diesel fumes, insecticide, lead, dioxin, mold, herbicide
- Transportation: restraint systems, sport utility vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, design and warning systems, locomotives, tank cars, operating stands, safety equipment, couplers, seats and suspension systems, multiple unit operation system design