International Arbitration and the Financial Sector
This webinar is part two of the program presented in January which introduced members to the arbitration language in the LSTA’s documentation and outlined the advantages and disadvantages of arbitration in finance. In this second part, our panelists will (1) provide a deeper analysis of the advantages of arbitration as a dispute resolution mechanism for international financial cases, (2) discuss the unique features of international arbitration, including a legal discussion of treaties facilitating award enforcement, and (3) outline the procedural issues in an international arbitration, including key differences from a domestic arbitration.
- Jeffrey Wurst - Partner, Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Richard Gray, FCIArb - Independent Arbitrator, Gray Arbitration LLC
- Bridget Marsh - Executive Vice President - Deputy Counsel, LSTA
- Luis M. Martinez, Esq. - Vice President, International Centre for Dispute Resolution, American Arbitration Association
- Jeffrey Zaino - VP, Commercial Division, American Arbitration Association – International Centre for Dispute Resolution