Jon Dalton counsels many of Missouri’s most successful organizations and individuals in business transactions and government/regulatory affairs.
Guiding established and emerging businesses and professionals, Jon provides strategies for growth, financing, governance, structure, and related planning matters. Jon’s clients include a broad range of entities, including manufacturers, real estate developers, health care systems and providers, pharmaceutical companies, educational institutions, e-commerce businesses and individuals involved in multiple industries and professions.
Recognizing that legislation and public policy decisions on competition, taxation, business regulation, intellectual property and other issues can impact success, Jon proactively combines his legal experience with strategic government solutions to advance his clients’ objectives. He understands the processes and players in state and local government and focuses on leveraging his extensive network of contacts to achieve positive outcomes.
In highly regulated fields such as securities, health care, education, banking, insurance, economic development and more, Jon assists with policy decisions, administrative law and regulatory compliance issues. He also works with trade associations and allied organizations to effect change across a broad range of industries, disciplines and interests.
Jon also serves as president and CEO of AT Government Strategies LLC, a subsidiary of Armstrong Teasdale.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1986)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, Health Law Editor
- University of Missouri (B.A., 1983)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- St. Louis Metro Mayors Organization (Vice Chairman)
- Boy Scouts of America, New Horizons District (Chairman, 2015-2017)
- American Red Cross (Director)
- Regional Commerce and Growth Association (Public Policy Council)
- Central County Emergency 911 (Chairman, 2009-2010)
- Friends of St. Louis University Liver Center (Director, 2008-2010)
- Private Industry Council (St. Louis Agency on Training & Employment) (Director, 2000-2006)
- United Way (Government Affairs Committee, 2000-2004)
- St. Louis Sports Commission (Baseball Committee, 1998-2003)
- Legal Advocates for Abused Women (Director, 1992-1995)
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (Director, 1992-1994)
- American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (National Legal Committee, 1999-2003)
- Old Warson Country Club (President, 2011-2013; Board of Directors, 2006-2013)
- Jefferson City Country Club
- Missouri Athletic Club
- Racquet Club St. Louis
- Mayor, Town & Country, Mo. (2005-Present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Government Relations (2007-present)
- The 100 List,The Missouri Times (2015-present)
- Citizen of the Year, Town & Country, Mo. (2007)
- Alderman, Town & Country, Mo. (2004-2005)
- Selected as "40 Under 40" by the St. Louis Business Journal (1996)
Jon began his work in the area of legislative and regulatory affairs on the federal level, practicing law in Washington, D.C. for a number of years. His experience included lobbying on major bills under consideration by the U.S. Congress and issues of concern before various federal agencies. Since returning to Missouri, Jon has concentrated his practice on state and local government matters, including lobbying the Missouri General Assembly, state administrative agencies and local political subdivisions. His experience as both a lawyer and elected public official affords him a unique perspective and ability to serve his clients’ interests.