Shanon Hawk has worked in government affairs for 25 years. Her primary focus is to advance the legislative and regulatory interests of AT Government Strategies (ATGS) clients. To that end, she maintains daily contact with members of the Missouri General Assembly, as well as statewide elected officials and many regulatory agencies.
Shanon also serves as the lead lobbyist for the Missouri Municipal League, where she works with local elected officials on a daily basis and has a substantial number of relationships throughout the state with local leaders. Shanon has significant experience in the development and administration of various interest groups, trade associations and grassroots organizations. She has worked on both local and statewide ballot initiatives. She is one of the lead strategists for the Missouri Local Leaders Partnership, which is an organization that brings together all locally-elected officials (i.e. city, county, school boards) to work together on common interests.
Shanon is currently serving her second term as President of the Missouri Society of Governmental Consultants, which is an association for registered lobbyists that focuses on teaching compliance with ethics laws to both legislators and lobbyists.
Shanon presents Legislative Advocacy 101 to various clients, and industry and trade groups to educate them on the importance of advocating on the issues that are important to them. This includes how to properly lobby the General Assembly, testify before a legislative committee, and develop working relationships with legislators in their home districts. She also presents at high schools, career centers and religious organizations on topics ranging from the federal and state legislative process and how it works to specific legislative issues.
- Missouri Society of Governmental Consultants (President; Board of Directors; Past Vice President)
- Jefferson City Multicultural Forum (Past President)
- Jefferson City Regional Martin Luther King Committee
- Jefferson City Chamber of Commerce Governmental Relations Committee
- Jefferson City Human Relations Commission (Past Board Member)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Cole County Parks Committee (Board of Directors)
- Optimist Club of Jefferson City
- Sue Shear Institute's 21st Century Leadership Academy (Coach)
- Central MO Community Action Agency (Guiding Committee)
- Salvation Army (Volunteer)
- Missouri Times' “100+ List” of people in the Missouri public policy process you need to know (2013, 2015)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Pathlighter Award for Advocacy (2006)
Shanon’s entire professional career has been dedicated to legal and legislative work. She has worked in law firms that range from small to very large. Her vast experience and historical knowledge of legislation before the Missouri General Assembly over the past quarter century is a valuable asset to our team.