Susan Ehlers, a partner in the firm’s Financial and Real Estate Services practice group, concentrates on the areas of municipal finance, corporate restructuring and bankruptcy.
She has served as bond counsel, district counsel, and developer’s counsel on a variety of tax-exempt and taxable municipal bond issues, including revenue bonds, special taxing district bonds, and tax increment financings. She has also served as bankruptcy counsel in numerous Chapter 11 cases representing debtors, creditors, and creditors’ committees, in all aspects of bankruptcy, litigating plan confirmation and disclosure statement issues, 363 sale issues, preferential transfers, fraudulent transfers, utility deposits, and claims, and has advised clients in out of court restructurings, workouts, and lending transactions.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Indiana University (B.A., 1997)
- Missouri, 2000
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Midwestern Bankruptcy Institute (2014-2017 Advisory Board Member, 2015 Events Steering Committee Co-Chair)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2016-present)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2014)