An associate attorney in the Financial and Real Estate Services group, Angela Odlum counsels clients on the management of their financial liability and how to best structure transactions to protect their interest.
She counsels municipalities, small manufacturers, non-profit organizations, investment banking firms and banks in transactions involving development and financing incentives, redevelopment, tax-exempt bond issuances, tax increments, and special purpose districts. She also represents individuals and organizations in the strategic development and management of a variety of industrial, commercial, residential and mixed-use projects.
Angela routinely represents creditors seeking to increase their return through bankruptcy or informal workouts in federal and state court reorganization, liquidation and litigation proceedings. She assists secured lenders with enforcement of their state law collection rights, including suing and collecting on distressed loans, real estate foreclosures, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) foreclosures on personal property and post-judgment collection efforts.
In non-bankruptcy settings, Angela represents commercial lenders and servicers in litigation regarding federal bank compliance, guarantee agreements, mortgage foreclosures and replevin actions. She also drafts, negotiates and closes loan transactions. Angela aids lenders and investors in assessing and securing collateral by reviewing title work, loan and organizational documents and cost schedules.
Additionally, Angela handles real estate litigation matters involving condemnation and municipal ordinances.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Business Transactions
- Certificate in Health Law
- Law School Dean’s Scholar
- University of Alabama (B.A., cum laude, 2009)
- Communication and Information Sciences
- Missouri, 2012
- Illinois, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar
- Women Lawyers Association of Greater St. Louis
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Junior Achievement (Volunteer)
- Women in Public Finance
- Chautauqua Ladies’ Civic Improvement Association
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Angela was in private practice at another area firm.