Bryan Nicholson is a partner in the firm's Tort and Catastrophic Loss practice area. He focuses on environmental exposures such as asbestos.
As part of his daily activities, Bryan manages all facets of litigation with a focus on defending toxic/mass tort personal injury claims. That focus over the last 18 years has allowed him the privilege of defending clients in thousands of toxic/mass tort cases in Illinois as well as Missouri. This extensive experience has developed Bryan's skill set in this complex and ever-evolving area of the law. It has also allowed him to determine a client's needs and develop strategies to successfully resolve each case.
Bryan has successfully guided dozens of clients through what is potentially bet-the-company litigation. He has worked in a national role for several clients organizing and executing defense strategies. His in-depth knowledge of the major players in asbestos litigation allows him to take a big picture view and offer comprehensive advice to his clients. Through Bryan's practice he has taken or defended hundreds of depositions, including expert and corporate representative depositions. Additionally, he has prepared dozens of cases for trial, including drafting and arguing motions, organizing experts and participating in jury selection.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Southern Illinois University Law Journal (Production Editor)
- Truman State University (B.S., 1997)
- Missouri, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- The Missouri Bar
- Madison County Bar Association
- St. Clair County Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- UCP Heartland (Board of Directors)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants (2024)