A trial attorney and member of the Employment and Labor practice area, Ida Shafaie counsels clients regarding complex civil rights claims and related state and local antidiscrimination laws.
She has defended employers in matters involving both Title VII and the Missouri Human Rights Act. She also assists employers develop policies and procedures and helps conduct internal investigations. In addition, Ida has experience handling civil rights matters arising under Section 1983, including claims of excessive force and municipal pattern and practice claims. She also has experience handling general municipal defense matters and wrongful death claims.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Order of the Barristers
- Academic Scholarship
- Dean's List
- Phi Delta Phi
- Journal of Dispute Resolution (Associate)
- University of Missouri (B.A., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Philosophy and Classical Humanities
- Dean's List
- Sigma Rho Sigma
- Judicial Peer Advisory Council
- Kappa Alpha Theta
- Missouri, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Women’s Law Association Foundation Board
- Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis (Board Member, Secretary)
- Theodore McMillian American Inn of Court (Associate Member)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Motion for Kids (Volunteer)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (Mentor)
- St. Louis Regional Business Council (Mentor)
- Kappa Alpha Theta Facility Corporation Board
- Completed the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers 2018 Trial Academy
- Roscoe Jenkins Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy (2012, 2013)
- Earned first place in the Attorney General’s Cup Mock Trial Competition (2011)
- Earned first place in the ABA Regional Arbitration Competition (2011)
- Earned second place in the ABA National Arbitration Competition (2012)
Prior to joining the firm, Ida was an associate at another St. Louis area law firm. She also has extensive experience in criminal law as a former assistant prosecuting attorney for the Greene County Prosecutor’s Office in Springfield, Missouri, where she managed over 400 criminal cases.
During law school, Ida clerked for the Missouri Attorney General’s Office, the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Missouri, and prosecuted cases on behalf of the Boone County Prosecutor’s Office as a participant in the University of Missouri’s Prosecution Clinic.