Armstrong Teasdale advises management in all aspects of employment and labor matters and litigation. We represent employers of all sizes nationwide, from emerging companies to Fortune 500 companies, as well as governmental entities and educational institutions. Our Employment and Labor attorneys have represented clients in litigation involving the following:
- Class action and individual claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA), Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act, among others, as well as related state and local anti-discrimination laws
- Wrongful discharge and workers’ compensation retaliation claims
- Claims arising under the Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and COBRA
- Claims seeking to enforce confidentiality, noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements
Our experience includes preparing employee handbooks and advising management on their policies. We provide counsel on employee issues and compliance with anti-discrimination statutes, regulations and ordinances of the federal and state governments; Affirmative Action Plans and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) reviews, OSHA compliance and investigations; and we provide training on compliance with the various anti-discrimination laws. We also advise employers on executive agreements, trade secrets, noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements, severance agreements and workforce adjustment issues.
We provide training, guidance and counseling regarding the National Labor Relations Act and the Railway Labor Act. In addition, our attorneys have appeared before regulatory bodies including the National Labor Relations Board and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to address and resolve conflicts on behalf of management, including unfair labor practices and charges of discrimination. We advise employers concerning the following:
- Union avoidance, representational proceedings and elections
- Unfair labor practice investigations and hearings
- Contract negotiations
- Administration of collective bargaining agreements (CBAs)
- Labor arbitration hearings, including interest arbitration
The firm's labor-related experience also includes representation in injunctions against unlawful strike activity, picketing and work jurisdictional disputes; and in litigation to enforce CBAs.