Julie O’Dell is a partner with more than two decades of experience focusing her practice on labor and employment law, as well as managing class and collective actions and other complex litigation matters.
She counsels and assists clients on employment-related issues for compliance with federal and state employment laws, discipline and termination, requests for accommodation, and leaves of absence. She also represents clients against claims of wage and hour violations, including class and representative actions.
Julie has defended clients against employment-related claims brought under Title VII and has an incredible depth of experience navigating California’s complex employment and labor laws, including California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, the California Labor Code and matters involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge and Private Attorneys General Act claims. She also handles all phases of employment disputes, from pre-litigation stages to trial, before federal and state agencies, arbitrators and courts.
Additionally, Julie reviews and drafts employee handbooks, policies and various employment agreements, and she provides training to employers for addressing harassment, leaves of absence, workplace violence and employee complaints.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Julie was partner and vice-chair of the labor and employment practice of a national law firm. She has additional past experience as a lawyer at multiple firms in Missouri and California.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Order of the Coif
- Missouri Law Review (Notes and comments editor)
- University of Missouri (B.A., 1996)
- Political Science
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association – Judicial Committee