An associate in the Litigation practice group, Katie Doherty is skilled at representing clients in a variety of disputes both at trial and in mediation, as well as negotiating settlements.
Katie’s experience includes researching and drafting motions and memoranda, negotiating with opposing counsel, defending client interests in depositions and cross-examination, investigating claims, and managing trial dockets to ensure swift disposition of cases and preservation of defenses. Her experience includes asbestos, diacetyl, earplug and talc litigation, as well as contract disputes and premises liability defense. Katie also performs a significant amount of pro bono work in both Missouri and Illinois.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Katie served as an associate attorney in the O’Fallon, Illinois, office of a national litigation firm. She also has served as a corrections officer for the St. Louis County Department of Justice Services.
- Saint Louis University (J.D., 2017)
- Lindenwood University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Criminal Justice
- Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society
- West Virginia
- New York
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Women Lawyers Association of Greater St. Louis
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- 2021 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder Program (Alumna, 2021)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Law Firm Antiracism Alliance State and Local Education Law and Policy Subcommittee (Co-Chair)
- BAMSL Young Lawyers Division (Social Committee Chair)
- Saint Louis University School of Law Young Alumni Society (Advisory Board Member)
- CASA of St. Louis Young Professionals Board (Community Outreach Chair)
- BAMSL Women in the Legal Profession Committee (Secretary)
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants (2023)
- St. Louis County Department of Justice Services Employee of the Year (2017)