Mamie Ling represents clients in a variety of industries through all phases of litigation, including investigations, discovery, trial, and post-trial procedures and appeals. Her experience includes working with clients in retail and hospitality, real estate, construction, transportation and public entities in matters involving contractual disputes, product liability, construction defect, governmental immunity and premises liability. She is also experienced at working on complex, high-profile cases.
She is skilled at drafting complaints, settlement agreements, and various motions. She also has experience mediating and negotiating settlements, and resolving disputes, as well as handling depositions, electronic discovery, and responding to discovery requests and subpoenas.
Mamie’s successful outcomes include obtaining a favorable interpretation of the Colorado Worker’s Compensation Act from the Colorado Supreme Court that decreased collectible damages by a plaintiff, as well as obtaining the dismissal of a foreign corporation in a product liability case due to lack of personal jurisdiction.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Mamie was an associate at a Colorado commercial law firm. She also spent several years at a regional law firm in Denver, where she oversaw a civil litigation caseload.
She clerked for the Hon. John L. Wheeler in the 18th Judicial District Court and served as an Assistant Attorney General Fellow with the Colorado Attorney General’s Office, where she litigated a securities matter and worked to resolve licensing matters on behalf of various boards, including the Colorado Motor Vehicle Dealer Board, Colorado Medical Board and the Colorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners. Mamie also argued before the Colorado Court of Appeals on behalf of the Department of Revenue regarding a hearing officer’s findings in an administrative proceeding.
- University of Denver (J.D., LL.M., 2015)
- LL.M, International Business Transactions
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court (Honorable Mention: Best Oralist)
- Georgetown University (M.P.S., 2009)
- Public Relations and Corporate Communications
- Pennsylvania State University (B.S., 2007)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado Lawyers Committee
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Junior League of Denver
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, International Moot Teams (Assistant Coach)
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars (2021-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch (2022)