A member of the firm’s Intellectual Property group and a registered patent attorney, Mark Thomas focuses on litigation of complex intellectual property matters pending in state, federal and appellate courts throughout the United States, as well as the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Within this area, he prosecutes and defends claims of patent infringement, copyright infringement, trademark infringement and trade secret misappropriation for individuals and private and public companies involving a wide array of technologies in the mechanical, electrical and chemical arts.
Much of Mark’s practice involves patent work. In addition to handling all phases of litigation, he prepares noninfringement and invalidity opinions and patentability, due diligence and patent landscape analyses. In these matters, he assists clients in pre-litigation enforcement of patent rights by performing initial infringement analyses, providing tailored patent enforcement strategies, preparing cease and desist letters and negotiating settlement agreements.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Missouri State University (B.S., cum laude, 1995)
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Washington University Law Alumni Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, Litigation - Intellectual Property (2021)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2018-present)
Prior to joining the firm, Mark was in private practice at a boutique intellectual property law firm. In his previous career, he taught high school biology at a St. Louis area private school.