A member of the International practice area, Marty Hereford provides immigration and naturalization services to businesses, families and individuals.
Marty has an extensive background in providing all types of business immigration services for national and international corporations in a wide variety of industries, including agriculture, engineering, information technology, scientific research, finance, insurance, manufacturing, energy, higher education, health care and architecture. Her clients include multinational, publicly traded and closely held corporations, Fortune 500, as well as small to mid-sized companies.
Working with organizations that employ a diverse workforce, Marty navigates the bureaucratic pathways to ensure proper recruitment, retention and compliance. Much of her time is spent obtaining a variety of non-immigrant visas, including Specialty Occupation (H-1B), Intra-Company Transferees (L), Treaty-Trader (E), Trainees (H-3), Cultural Exchange (Q-1), Extraordinary Ability (O-1) and visas pursuant to the North American Free Trade Agreement (TN).
For those wishing to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis, Marty assists businesses in acquiring permanent residence status for their professional employees through labor certification or petitioning the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to classify individuals with extraordinary ability, as outstanding researchers, or as multinational managers and executives.
Marty guides corporate clients on immigration-related due diligence in connection with reorganizations. She ensures that the foreign employees involved in corporate reorganization maintain their immigration status. Her experience extends to I-9 workplace compliance issues and counseling on E-verify.
In addition to her work with corporations, Marty guides families and individuals in attaining permanent residence through marriage to U.S. citizens or sponsoring of parents and children. She also assists individuals in seeking to become citizens of the United States.
Through Armstrong Teasdale LLP's membership in Lex Mundi, Marty is able to assist domestic clients on a variety of outbound immigration matters. She has experience in transferring abroad employees who are either U.S. citizens or citizens of other countries residing in the United States by securing appropriate work and travel documents.
Marty served as director of the firm’s Women's Inclusion Network (WIN) from 2010 to 2014.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- University of Missouri (B.A., 1989)
- Missouri, 1996
- The Missouri Bar
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Mentor Attorney)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Voices for Children (Board Member, 2009-2015)
- Washington University's Women's Law Initiative (Co-Founder)
- Covenant House of Missouri (Board Member, 2004-Present; Former Secretary)
- Boys & Girls Town of Missouri (Junior Board Member, 1994-1999)
- Mathews-Dickey Boys Club (Tutor, 1995-1997)
- United Way Women's Leadership Cabinet (Member, Co-Chair for Attorneys' Market)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Immigration Law (2015-present)
- Distinguished Young Alumni Award, Washington University School of Law (2017)
- Honored by the Women’s Law Caucus of Washington University School of Law as part of its 2013 International Women’s Day Celebration
- Honored at the 2013 Tribute to Success: A Celebration of Women
- The Missouri Bar 2012 Pro Bono Wall of Fame