Matt Reh heads the firm’s Litigation practice group and focuses his practice on real estate litigation, tort litigation and municipal law.
Representing banks, developers, pipeline companies and a wide range of governmental entities, Matt provides assistance in condemnation matters. His work most frequently includes using eminent domain for community redevelopment projects, public infrastructure and utilities.
Matt serves property owners, from individual homeowners to national retailers, architects, engineers and other professionals in disputes involving mechanic's liens. His real estate experience extends to annexation, contract, easement, lease and zoning disputes for commercial and residential property owners.
In Missouri and southern Illinois, Matt handles tort matters. He regularly defends claims for products liability for clients who manufacture food materials, home appliances, industrial products, law enforcement devices and recreational equipment.
Matt also represents municipalities around the region. He works as the City Attorney for the City of Lake Saint Louis, Missouri. He has worked as the Prosecuting Attorney for the City of Crestwood, Missouri for more than a decade and also serves as special counsel to other cities in complex municipal litigation matters.
Matt has invested significant time in providing legal services to charitable organizations and individuals on a pro bono basis. He represented a shelter for victims of domestic violence in a probate dispute, securing approximately $200,000 in funds for the shelter and its residents. In connection with the Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority, he acquired property using eminent domain for the construction of a community health center in north St. Louis, Missouri. In addition, he prosecuted a claim for race and sex discrimination on a pro bono basis, trying the case to a jury in federal court.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 1995)
- Missouri, 1998
- Illinois, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar
- St. Louis County Bar Association (President, 2019)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- Litigation Counsel of America (Fellow)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Clayton Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors, 2011-2015)
- Multiple Sclerosis Corporate Achiever (2011)
- Armstrong Teasdale United Way Campaign (Chairman, 2009)
- City of Crestwood, Mo. (Prosecuting Attorney, 2002-present)
- City of Lake Saint Louis, Mo. (City Attorney, 2012-present)
- St. Louis Priory High School Alumni Association (Board Member, 2002-2004)
- St. Louis Priory High School Mock Trial (Assistant Coach, 2007-2008)
- Election Judge (2012)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Municipal Law (2021)
Honored as an “Up and Coming Lawyer” by Missouri Lawyers Weekly (2009), a recognition conferred on attorneys under 40 who make a difference in the quality of justice and who exemplify the highest ideals of the legal profession
- Recipient of the John Shepherd Professionalism Award (2004), an honor given to a young lawyer who exhibits the tenets of professionalism espoused by the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Elected by peers to the Young Lawyers Section of the Missouri Bar (2002)
- Elected by peers to the Young Lawyers Division of the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (2000)