Nicholas Leale is U.K. head of the firm’s Regulatory practice and focuses his practice on professional disciplinary work and all forms of advice in the sphere of professional/business regulation.
With nearly 20 years of experience in the regulatory sector, he has extensive experience of dealing with misconduct proceedings involving a wide range of professions. This includes the full range of healthcare professionals, as well as lawyers, accountants, architects, engineers and teachers. He also assists charities and education providers in relation to disciplinary matters and acts as a legal chair of Anti-Discrimination Commissions of the Football Association. He is highly knowledgeable in a broad range of regulatory and disciplinary rules and procedures and has trained numerous lawyers and panels in relation to the regulatory context in which they act.
He also advises businesses in relation to the regulatory obligations including utility providers and airlines.
Nick has in-depth experience managing teams of regulatory lawyers.
Services and Industries
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Governance and Compliance
- Internal Investigations and Regulatory Compliance
- Medical Malpractice
- White-Collar Criminal Defense and Government Investigations
- Financial Services and Banking
- Health Care and Life Sciences
- Sports, Media and Entertainment
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Nick served as a partner at a U.K. law firm for 15 years. He also practiced for six years at the criminal bar. He was previously appointed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to act in the prosecution of solicitors before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Inns of Court School of Law (1998)
- Bar Vocational Course
- University of Law, Guildford (CPE, 1997)
- University of Exeter (B.A., honors, 1996)
- Economics and Politics
- England and Wales, 1998
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2008
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers, Management Committee (Treasurer)
- Chambers U.K., Professional Discipline, Leading Individual
- Legal 500 U.K., Leading Individual in Professional Discipline