Paul Brusati is a senior associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group. He focuses on contract and commercial litigation defense and appellate law in both state and federal court.
His appellate experience ranges from cases involving employment, products liability, tax, medical malpractice, family law, personal injury, real estate and insurance issues, to felony criminal appeals. He has briefed and argued cases in the Supreme Court of Missouri, the Missouri Court of Appeals, and the federal appellate courts.
In addition, Paul works as a volunteer attorney for the Missouri Coalition for the Right to Counsel, where he takes on complex public defender cases pro bono, often involving criminal appeals.
Before joining the firm, Paul served as a law clerk to Judge Laura Denvir Stith of the Supreme Court of Missouri.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Order of the Woolsack
- Deans Honor Scholarship
- Saint Louis University Public Law Review (Editor)
- University of Missouri (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Appellate Practice Committee of the Missouri Bar (Vice-Chair of the Continuing Legal Education Sub-Committee)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) – Pathfinder (2022)
- The Missouri Bar
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- National Italian American Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- People with Purpose (Board member)
- Catholic Legal Assistance Ministry
- Missouri Coalition for the Right to Counsel
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation (2022-present)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2019-present)
- Up & Coming Award, Missouri Lawyers Weekly (2021)
- Roy F. Essen Memorial Award for Outstanding Work as a Young Lawyer, St. Louis County Bar Association (2020)
Prior to working as a law clerk for Judge Laura Denvir Stith, Paul interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Missouri and served as a judicial extern for Judge Roy Richter of the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District. He also served as a summer associate at Armstrong Teasdale.