Rob Mahon is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Services practice group focusing primarily on commercial transactions and mergers and acquisitions. He regularly assists clients of all sizes with commercial, finance and real estate transactions, mergers, acquisitions and restructurings, and general corporate governance and compliance.
Rob has significant experience counseling clients through all stages of mergers and acquisitions. He often serves as lead counsel to companies acquiring businesses, handling all aspects of the acquisition, including formulating and presenting an initial proposal, performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, addressing lease and real estate matters, coordinating and negotiating financing, and addressing post-closing matters.
As outside counsel to companies and business owners, Rob provides practical and cost-effective approaches to accomplishing the client’s goals. He counsels clients on a wide range of business matters, including formation and corporate governance, raising funds through debt financing and capital calls, employment matters, commercial contracts, and strategic and complex transactions.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Order of the Woolsack
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society
- Saint Louis University Law Journal (Editor)
- Dean’s Scholarship
- Judge Robert G. Dowd, Sr. Appellate Advocacy Award (Top Oralist)
- Academic Excellence Awards (Highest Grade): Property, Contracts II, Real Estate Transactions, Commercial Transactions, International Business Transactions, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Advanced Legal Research
- University of Missouri-St. Louis (M.B.A., 2017)
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- University of Missouri-St. Louis (B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, 2013)
- Emphasis in Finance
- Financial Service Professionals (FSP) Excellence in Financial Education Award
- Curators Scholar Award
- Bright Flight Scholarship
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Mary Queen of Peace Parish (Volunteer)
- Armstrong Teasdale United Way Campaign Committee
Rob was a summer associate with the firm before joining full time. He also previously clerked for the Hon. Judge Philip D. Heagney in the 22nd Judicial Circuit Court of Missouri.