Steve Siegel guides companies and individuals in resolving their business, investment, real estate and employment disputes. He has a particular depth of experience in business control disputes and business divorces, breach of contractual and fiduciary duty cases, antitrust actions, energy disputes, health care litigation and consumer fraud claims.
In a typical engagement, Steve serves clients as both a vigorous advocate and a trusted counselor. To achieve his clients’ goals, Steve leverages a broad skill set, including at trial, in litigation, arbitration and mediation, and through direct advocacy and negotiation.
Steve has been recognized repeatedly by peers for the quality of his representation and professional reputation. For the past four years, Best Lawyers Magazine has named Steve among the "Best Lawyers in America" for Commercial Litigation. Since 2016, he has been named by Super Lawyers Magazine as an Illinois "Super Lawyer." Martindale-Hubbell ranks Steve as a Prominent Attorney, its highest Peer Review Rating, with a 5.0 out of 5 ranking. And since 2005, Steve has been selected by his peers and an independent panel as an Illinois "Leading Lawyer."
In the civic and charitable arena, Steve has long served in leadership roles for J Street and the Jewish Council on Urban Affairs, and frequently provides pro bono legal services. He has been active in voter protection efforts in Michigan and elsewhere, and has participated in a wide range of other community activities.
Steve joined Armstrong Teasdale in January 2023. He was previously a lawyer at Novack and Macey in Chicago, and before that, for one of the five largest firms in the U.S. He has past experience as a law clerk to U.S. District Judge Morey L. Sear (E.D. La.) and a legislative assistant to then-U.S. Rep. Harry M. Reid (who later served as U.S. Senate Majority Leader) (D-Nev.).
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1990)
- Middlebury College (B.A., cum laude, 1984)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section (including 13 years in Section leadership)
- Chicago Council of Lawyers (Past Board member)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- J Street
- A Just Harvest
- Voter Protection
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2018-present)
- Illinois Super Lawyers® (2016-present)
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, Commercial Litigation and Energy Law (2005-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell, Prominent Attorney