Zach Wiersma is a patent agent in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice group. He supports firm attorneys and other professional staff and has extensive experience conducting patentability and marketability research. He takes a comprehensive approach to analyzing patent protection and manages applications throughout the process, working closely with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
His background in chemistry and physics, paired with experience in the pharmaceutical industry, lend well to his ability to deconstruct complex concepts, especially in the medical field. He also has experience in the higher education industry, recommending strategic and tactical actions for technology transfer.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law (J.D. Candidate)
- Anticipated graduation 2022
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Ph.D., 2018)
- Certificate in Technology Commercialization
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (B.S., 2013)
- Chemistry and Physics
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Prior to joining the firm, Zach was a business analyst intern for a major pharmaceutical company.