A member of the Litigation practice group, Brian Nye defends corporations in product liability, employment dispute, contract, insurance coverage, premises liability and complex mass tort litigation matters involving a wide range of claims. He also works as defense counsel for a Fortune 500 company on general litigation matters.
Brian’s experience in state and federal courts includes:
- coordinating all aspects of fact and expert discovery;
- deposing key witnesses, including corporate representatives, expert and fact witnesses;
- preparing and producing corporate witnesses, expert and fact witnesses; and
- drafting and arguing pre-trial motions, including discovery and dispositive motions.
He has also served as national coordinating counsel and local counsel for clients facing asbestos claims.
In addition to his litigation experience, Brian helps clients minimize future litigation threats by assessing and managing the inherent risks of doing business.
Services and Industries
- University of Kansas (J.D., 2009)
- University of Kansas (B.A., 2006)
- Political Science
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
Prior to joining the firm, Brian worked at a Chicago civil litigation firm where his practice focused on complex mass tort litigation defense along with product and premises liability defense. Prior to that, he clerked for Chief Justice Lawton R. Nuss of the Kansas Supreme Court. During law school, Brian interned with the Third Judicial District Court of Kansas in Shawnee County, and he and his teammate argued and won the final round of the Robert G. Foulston and George Siefkin Moot Court Championship before a panel of judges that included U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts. Brian was named top oralist in the competition.