Chris LaRose is a trial lawyer focusing on complex business disputes, banking litigation and white-collar criminal defense cases in both state and federal court. In addition to his trial experience, Chris has argued before the Missouri Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Missouri, and has represented clients in arbitrations.
Complex Commercial Litigation
Chris represents clients in a variety of commercial cases involving shareholder disputes, fraud, fiduciary duty, trust cases, contract actions, real estate disputes, non-compete litigation, and life, health and E&O insurance cases in state courts, including Missouri, Illinois, California, Montana, Nevada and Pennsylvania, and in federal court. These cases are often legally and factually complex, document-intensive and involve numerous expert and fact witnesses.
Chris represents secured lenders and borrowers in litigation involving distressed loans, tax credits, receiverships, foreclosures, successor liability issues, fraudulent transfer, replevin and prejudgment attachment actions, bankruptcy litigation and post-judgment collection activities. He routinely counsels both creditors and debtors on methods of insuring that their respective interests are protected.
White-Collar Criminal Defense
Advising individuals and corporations facing white-collar prosecutions and investigations, Chris defends clients against allegations involving corporate, banking and accounting fraud, false claims, immigration and trade violations, and environmental issues. He also conducts internal investigations—including employee interviews and reviews of company procedures and compliance programs—of companies faced with an ongoing or threatened investigation by the government.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Northwestern University (B.A., 2002)
- Missouri, 2007
- Illinois, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2023-present)
- 2017 Missouri Bar Foundation W. Oliver Rasch Award for an outstanding substantive article in the Journal of the Missouri Bar
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® (2022); Rising Star (2014-2017)
Prior to joining the firm, Chris was a clerk for Judge Audrey Fleissig, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.