An associate in Armstrong Teasdale’s Litigation practice group, Colleen Kinsey handles a range of disputes for clients of all sizes. Her main focus includes representing clients, including hospitals, physicians and nurses, in all types of medical malpractice, professional liability, breach of contract and other health care claims, in addition to commercial litigation and consumer fraud matters.
Experienced in pretrial matters, she is skilled at drafting motions for both state and federal courts as well as preparing and responding to discovery, and conducting depositions of the parties and fact witnesses. Colleen is involved in investigating the facts of a case, developing and implementing litigation strategy, consulting expert witnesses and participating in mediations.
As part of her practice, Colleen counsels clients concerning regulations impacting food safety and consumer fraud issues, including labeling claims regulated by the FDA, defective products and HIPAA compliance.
Colleen has appeared in various Illinois and Missouri state courts and tried a case to verdict in the Eastern District of Missouri.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Colleen was a summer associate at another St. Louis area firm and a law clerk for a Springfield, Missouri, area firm. She also worked for the Saint Louis University Civil Litigation Legal Clinic. Before that, she taught English at the high school level.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2019)
- Health Law Concentration
- Journal of Health Law and Policy, Managing Editor
- Health Law Association, Vice President
- Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Honor Society, Historian
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis, Student Member
- Missouri State University (M.A.T., 2014)
- Missouri State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2012)
- English Literature
- Honors College
- Dean’s List
- Sigma Tau Delta, English Honor Society
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Women in the Legal Profession
- Women Lawyers’ Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- MUNY Young Friends Council