Glen Waldman focuses his trial practice on complex business, commercial, real estate, land use and probate litigation matters.
With more than 35 years of experience, he has tried both jury and bench cases with disputes in a wide variety of areas, including contracts, fraud, fraudulent transfers, business partnerships, land use, wills, construction, real estate, insurance, trademark infringement and banking. He also has significant experience involving reinsurance matters particularly involving the London Market as well as U.S.-based insurance coverage issues and proceedings affiliated with such issues. He likewise represents and advises businesses about their contractual relationships, internal controls and procedures, and other legal and strategic decisions.
Glen as lead counsel has obtained numerous jury verdict awards in the seven- and eight-figure range in business, commercial and real estate matters, and has successfully defended claims of equal size. He has had similar success in the area of land use and in the probate courts. Likewise, he has secured numerous international arbitration awards in both commercial and reinsurance matters reaching as high as $50 million.
Glen served as co-managing partner at Waldman Barnett before it combined with Armstrong Teasdale in 2022.
- University of Miami (M.B.A., 1994)
- University of Miami (J.D., 1986)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 1983)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) (2015-present)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Fellow)
- Law360 Editorial Advisory Board (2022)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- University of Miami Citizens Board (2019-present)
- Key Biscayne Youth Advisory Athletic Board (Chairman, 2012-present)
- University of Miami Business Law Department (Adjunct Professor, 2014-2019)
- Key Biscayne Athletic Club (President, 2003-2005; Vice President, 2006-2008)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation-Construction “Lawyer of the Year” in Miami (2020); Commercial Litigation (2010-present); Litigation-Construction (2014-present); Litigation-Real Estate (2022)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2011-2012, 2014-present)
- Who’s Who Legal: Commercial Litigation (2015-present)
- Top 100 Nationwide Verdict, ALM Daily Business Review (2021)
- Top 10 Verdicts in Florida (2017, 2018)
- Law360 Trial Pros Series, Elite Trial Lawyer (2016)
- Daily Business Review, Florida Verdicts Hall of Fame (2015)