Glen Waldman is recognized as one of the top civil jury trial lawyers regionally and nationally. As lead counsel he has obtained numerous jury verdict awards in the seven and eight figures and has successfully defended to zero verdict claims of equal size. He has also achieved similar results in non-jury actions and has secured numerous substantial international arbitration awards in both commercial and reinsurance matters. Likewise, he acts as outside corporate counsel for a number of businesses, advising on and overseeing their contractual relationships, internal controls and procedures, and other legal and strategic decisions.
He focuses his civil trial practice of over 35 years on complex business, commercial, real estate, construction, land use and probate litigation matters. He has successfully tried cases to verdict ranging from relatively standard fraud, contractual, partnership and construction disputes, both in the U.S. and internationally, to the more esoteric involving, among others, combustion turbines in El Salvador; theft of a business involving a complicit bank in Colombia; citrus canker in Homestead; defeating claims in Pontiac, Michigan, involving the recall of an entire car line by one of the big four car manufacturers; and fighting over control of a large private equity firm in Delaware Business Court.
Glen served as co-managing partner at Waldman Barnett before it combined with Armstrong Teasdale in 2022.
- University of Miami (M.B.A., 1994)
- University of Miami (J.D., 1986)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 1983)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) (2015-present)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Fellow)
- Law360 Editorial Advisory Board (2022)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- University of Miami Citizens Board (2019-present)
- Key Biscayne Youth Advisory Athletic Board (Chairman, 2012-present)
- University of Miami Business Law Department (Adjunct Professor, 2014-2019)
- Key Biscayne Athletic Club (President, 2003-2005; Vice President, 2006-2008)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation-Construction “Lawyer of the Year” in Miami (2020); Commercial Litigation (2010-present); Litigation-Construction (2014-present); Litigation-Real Estate (2022)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2011-2012, 2014-present)
- Who’s Who Legal: Commercial Litigation (2015-present)
- Top 100 Nationwide Verdict, ALM Daily Business Review (2021)
- Top 10 Verdicts in Florida (2017, 2018)
- Law360 Trial Pros Series, Elite Trial Lawyer (2016)
- Daily Business Review, Florida Verdicts Hall of Fame (2015)