Our Insurance Coverage Litigation attorneys have been representing clients in complex coverage and insurance disputes across the country for more than 50 years. This includes serving as representation for many of the largest liability carriers in the country.
Armstrong Teasdale has a wealth of experience providing opinions relating to coverage issues, as well as representing insurers and insureds in bad faith litigation, declaratory judgment actions, vexatious refusal claims, contribution actions and disputes between carriers. We regularly handle bad faith litigation, interpleader claims, administrative and regulatory proceedings, premium fraud litigation, sales practices and market conduct cases, including class actions and RICO cases, subrogation and extra-contractual claims. In each case, our lawyers first assess the risk of each individual situation and provide guidance so that clients can make informed decisions about litigation. This includes proactively evaluating insurance needs for clients to ensure their coverage is appropriate from the start, especially in the case of a merger or acquisition.
Our team of seasoned trial lawyers includes former counsel to the Missouri Department of Insurance, offering unique insight into regulatory and compliance issues. We also have experience in reinsurance matters and are routinely engaged by insurers and reinsurers to take over cases that other firms initially handled, in trial court and on appeal.
We frequently act as counsel in coverage disputes, including those involving:
- Automotive policies
- Commercial general liability policies
- Department of Insurance matters
- Directors and officers coverage
- Employment and vicarious liability claims
- Environmental liability coverage
- Errors and omissions policies
- Excess liability policies
- Fire and electrical liability
- Intellectual property disputes
- Third-party administrators (TPA)
- Agents, brokers and producers
- Privacy and data security, including cybersecurity policies
- Product liability coverage
- Professional liability coverage
- Property and premises liability policies
- Real property disputes
- Title insurance
- Trade regulation coverage
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage