Jordyn McDowell is an associate in the Corporate Services practice group, where she focuses her practice primarily on the representation of corporate clients in several industries with regard to mergers and acquisitions, organizational formation and structure, venture and equity capital, private placements of debt and equity securities, securities filings, corporate governance, and other general business transactions.
For both domestic and cross-border M&A transactions involving technology, franchise, manufacturing and clients in other industries, Jordyn conducts due diligence, leads clients through the diligence and disclosure schedule process, drafts ancillary agreements contemplated by the definitive purchase agreement, and provides guidance to clients through every stage of the transaction. With respect to securities compliance work, Jordyn is experienced in Regulation D private placements as well as Regulation CF offerings.
In addition to her practice in the Corporate Services practice group, Jordyn works with the Debt Finance practice to provide lender-side representation to clients on term loans, revolving credit facilities and other debt finance instruments, particularly in relation to technology and M&A transactions.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Jordyn was a law clerk working in-house for a 2011 Denver startup where she negotiated contracts and advised the company on its COVID-19 policies. Before that, she was a student attorney at the University of Denver serving nonprofit corporations and limited liability companies. During law school, she was a legal intern at the U.S. Attorney’s office in Denver where she conducted legal research and drafted memoranda on various issues. Before law school, she worked at a corporate immigration law firm, where she filed immigrant and nonimmigrant petitions with USCIS.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (J.D., 2021)
- Order of the Coif - Top 10%
- Denver Law Review (Staff Editor)
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association (Board Member, Liaison for DU Women’s Legal Coalition)
- DU Women’s Legal Coalition (President)
- Business Law Society and Student Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- University of San Diego (B.A., magna cum laude, 2017)
- International Relations
- Minors in Law and Ethics, and Spanish
- Semester at Sea Study Abroad Program
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association (Member)
- Denver Bar Association (Member)
- Colorado Bar Association (Member)
- Legal Entrepreneurs for Justice (Former Committee Chair)
- Top 7% of Graduating Class, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Scholastic Excellence Award for International Trade Law and Legal Analysis Strategies
- Sturm College of Law Momentum Scholarship
- Provost Scholarship
- Chizzie Works Endowed Scholarship
- Charles F. Brannan National Endowed Scholarship
- Arthur B. Hayutin Endowed Scholarship
- Sam and Freda Davis International Legal Studies Endowed Scholarship
- Spanish (conversational)