Jordyn McDowell is an associate in the Corporate Services practice group.
She has experience in drafting and negotiating contracts, providing companies guidance on internal policies and procedures, filing immigration petitions, conducting detailed legal research and drafting legal memoranda. She also has experience in preparing clients for court proceedings.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Jordyn was a law clerk working in-house for a 2011 Denver startup where she negotiated contracts and advised the company on its COVID-19 policies. Before that, she was a student attorney at the University of Denver serving nonprofit corporations and limited liability companies. During law school, she was a legal intern at the U.S. Attorney’s office in Denver where she conducted legal research and drafted memoranda on various issues. While at the U.S. Attorney’s office, she witnessed various court proceedings including cross examinations, petty dockets and closing statements. Before law school, she worked in corporate immigration, where she filed immigrant and nonimmigrant petitions with USCIS, and criminal defense.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (J.D., 2021)
- Order of the Coif
- Denver Law Review (Staff Editor)
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association (Board Member, Liaison for DU Women’s Legal Coalition)
- Business Law Society and Student Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- University of San Diego (B.A., magna cum laude, 2017)
- International Relations
- Minors in Law and Ethics, and Spanish
- Semester at Sea Study Abroad Program (Biomedical Ethics and International Human Rights)
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association (Member)
- Legal Entrepreneurs for Justice (Committee Chair)
- Top 7% of Graduating Class, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Scholastic Excellence Award for International Trade Law and Legal Analysis Strategies
- Sturm College of Law Momentum Scholarship
- Provost Scholarship
- Chizzie Works Endowed Scholarship
- Charles F. Brannan National Endowed Scholarship
- Arthur B. Hayutin Endowed Scholarship
- Sam and Freda Davis International Legal Studies Endowed Scholarship
- Spanish (conversational)