Kyle Gottuso has a track record of success handling contentious intellectual property matters in U.S. District Courts across the country, as well as before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
With substantial experience in all aspects of litigation, Kyle leverages his knowledge of patent, copyright and trademark law to protect his clients’ most critical assets, especially when at the center of a dispute. He has experience with pre-filing counseling, motion practice, patent claim construction and pretrial work. Kyle has counseled clients on a wide variety of licensing issues, and has represented clients in settlement negotiations, mediations and inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), and trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). Kyle has also represented clients in numerous Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceedings.
Taking a comprehensive approach to his practice, Kyle prepares critical pre-litigation strategies to help mitigate vulnerability and risk from future intellectual property claims. He also prepares his clients to actively enforce their IP rights.
Kyle also frequently authors client advisories and other written guidance, covering key decisions related to inter partes review, patent rights and the TTAB.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Kyle spent eight years in private practice for other St. Louis area law firms. Before that, he was an intern for the Hon. Patricia Breckenridge in the Supreme Court of Missouri, as well as in the St. Charles County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Missouri (B.A., magna cum laude, 2009)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (Former Chair, Patent, Trademark and Copyright Section)
- Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2020)