Larry Tucker serves as lead trial counsel in large, complex business matters. A powerful and experienced advocate, he has tried dozens of jury trials and argued multiple appeals in state and federal courts including the Missouri and Kansas Supreme Courts and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Eighth and Tenth Circuits. Larry also acts as an arbitrator and mediator in commercial and business disputes.
Increasingly, Larry counsels clients in controversies arising out of claims of the infringement of intellectual property rights, violations of noncompete and nondisclosure agreements and the alleged wrongful termination of employment. He handles complex insurance coverage and bad faith actions, products liability claims, advertising injury claims and general liability claims. He defends clients in class actions in both state and federal courts.
Larry acts as general counsel to an organ procurement organization serving western Missouri and all of the state of Kansas. He represents other organ procurement organizations in administrative appeals arising out of Medicare cost report audits.
A longtime supporter of the advancement of women in the legal profession, Larry was appointed by the Missouri Supreme Court to the Joint Commission on Women in the Profession. He works alongside 15 other commissioners identifying gender barriers, combating bias in the justice system and securing full and equal participation of women in the legal profession.
Larry served as the managing attorney of the firm’s Kansas City, Mo. and Overland Park, Kan. offices for seven years.
- Duke University School of Law (J.D.)
- Central Methodist University (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Missouri Bar (Former President and Member, Board of Governors)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- Seventh Circuit Judicial Performance Evaluation Committee (Member)
- Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court (Master, 1988-1992)
- Commission on Women in the Profession (Commissioner, 2013-present)
- Missouri Bar Foundation (Fellow)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- United Methodist Church (General Counsel; Chancellor for Missouri annual conference)
- United Methodist Foundation (Board member and Vice President)
- Central Methodist University (Current Board of Trustees member)
- Recipient, Richard S. Arnold Distinguished Service Award (for the Western District of Missouri) from the Eighth Circuit Bar Association (2016)
- Selected as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation by Martindale-Hubbell and American Lawyer Media (ALM)
- Recipient, Missouri Bar Foundation’s W. Oliver Rasch Award for the outstanding article published during 2010 in the Journal of the Missouri Bar (2011)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers in Business for Commercial Litigation (2011-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Lawyer of the Year, Insurance Law (2011)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law (10+ consecutive years, including the most recent edition)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® (2007, 2009-present); Super Lawyers®, Corporate Counsel Edition, Business Litigation (2008); Super Lawyers®, Business Edition (2011-2014); Super Lawyers®, Top 100 Missouri & Kansas (2013)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell