Melanie King concentrates her practice in the areas of toxic tort, asbestos and commercial litigation. She has prosecuted and defended civil actions on behalf of entities and individuals in state and federal courts.
Melanie has represented manufacturers, distributors, premise owners, employers and contractors in asbestos cases. She is well-versed in all aspects of the litigation process from inception through trial including discovery, depositions, motion practice, trial preparation and negotiation of settlements.
- University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D., 1984)
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A., 1981)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Junior League of St. Louis
- The Woman’s Exchange (Board Member; Past Vice President - Human Resources)
- Saint Louis Art Museum (Young Friends Steering Committee, 1999-2003)
- Selected as a 2012 Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation by Martindale-Hubbell and American Lawyer Media (ALM)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Melanie provides unique experience in federal court as she clerked for various U.S. District Court Judges in the Eastern District of Missouri, including William L. Hungate, Carol E. Jackson, Catherine D. Perry and U.S. Magistrate Judges Robert D. Kingsland and Lewis M. Blanton.