Meredith Grant advises companies of all sizes on a range of employment-related matters, including compliance with respect to hiring, firing, investigating workplace misconduct, drug and alcohol testing, accommodating disabilities and religious practices, and conducting employment-related background checks.
She also defends companies against claims of discrimination, retaliation and harassment in state and federal litigation, as well as administrative actions. Meredith’s experience includes drafting and auditing multistate employee handbooks for national clients, crafting employment, separation and release agreements, and providing deal support on employment-related matters in mergers and acquisitions.
Meredith has advised energy clients regulated by the Department of Transportation on Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) drug and alcohol issues, including drafting and reviewing drug and alcohol plans. She has assisted clients with internal investigations related to DOT drug and alcohol programs, in addition to advising a range of clients on internal investigations of workplace misconduct and other matters.
*Licensed as shown under Admissions. Not licensed in Colorado.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Meredith served as an associate at a Houston-based international law firm. During her undergraduate studies, she was a research assistant in the Office of U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney.
- University of Florida (J.D., cum laude, 2021)
- CALI Book Award, Appellate Advocacy
- Federalist Society, Treasurer
- Ethos of Excellence Scholarship
- College of Charleston (B.A., summa cum laude, 2018)
- International Studies and Political Science
- William Aiken Fellows Society
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid