Michael Carwin is an associate in the firm’s intellectual property litigation practice. He is a registered patent attorney and focuses on asserting and defending claims of patent infringement, trademark infringement, copyright infringement and trade secret misappropriation.
Michael represents clients in diverse technical fields, ranging from biotechnology and complex mechanical devices to computer software and hardware. He has experience at both the state and federal level, including post-grant proceedings and inter partesreview before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
In addition, Michael has experience in all stages of litigation, including taking and defending percipient and expert witness depositions, motions practice, trial preparation in federal court, and conducting direct and cross examinations of witnesses during a federal jury trial.
*Licensed as shown under “Admissions.” Not licensed in Missouri.
- Southwestern Law School (J.D., 2015)
- Octa-Final Oralist
- Moot Court Competition
- International Law Research Assistant
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A.)
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Director of Health Services for the Associated Students of the University of California, Office of the President
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara (Board Member)
Prior to joining the firm, Michael worked as an associate at an intellectual property law firm in Los Angeles, California. He also has past experience as a law clerk in private practice.