Pat Rasche leads Armstrong Teasdale’s Intellectual Property practice group, the firm’s fastest growing area. Pat’s dynamic team is comprised of multitalented lawyers, many of whom hold advanced scientific degrees and are experienced in all facets of IP law including patent preparation, prosecution and litigation. By sharing knowledge and skills, they are able to provide excellent client service that exceeds expectations. Because of this, Armstrong Teasdale has been recognized by Intellectual Property Today as one of the nation’s top patent firms and received a Chambers USA “Band 1” status, the highest level available, for work performed in 2011-2017.
In his practice, Pat focuses on guarding the intellectual capital of both companies and individuals. Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, he helps clients protect U.S. and foreign patents in a broad range of diverse technologies.
An experienced IP practitioner and former patent examiner, Pat understands his clients’ needs as well as the changing law in this evolving field. This allows him to provide strategic and up-to-date counsel on patent licensing, infringement issues, product clearance, freedom-to-operate, validity, due diligence and general business matters.
His knowledge base includes homeland protection, medical imaging, motors, alternative energy, advanced manufacturing and other technologies. In addition, Pat acts as general counsel for select companies in the manufacturing industry providing on-call services for daily business dealings.
Pat also holds key roles within Armstrong Teasdale’s administration, serving as a member of both the firm’s management and executive committees. He coordinates new business efforts, ensures that matters are staffed appropriately and cost-effectively, and is heavily involved in retention and recruiting efforts.
- Indiana University School of Law-Bloomington (J.D., 1993)
- Jessup International Moot Court Team (Member)
- Purdue University (B.S., 1990)
- Genetic Engineering
- Missouri, 1998
- Illinois, 1993
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Patent Law (2015-present)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers in Business for Intellectual Property (2012-present)
- Named to the IP Stars list from Managing Intellectual Property magazine (2016-present)