Pat Rasche is managing partner of Armstrong Teasdale and chairs the firm’s Executive Committee. He is also a member of the Intellectual Property practice group, where he focuses on guarding the intellectual capital of both companies and individuals. Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, he helps clients protect U.S. and foreign patents in a broad range of diverse technologies.
An experienced IP practitioner and former patent examiner, Pat understands his clients’ needs as well as the changing law in this evolving field. This allows him to provide strategic and up-to-date counsel on patent procurement and enforcement, licensing, infringement issues, product clearance, freedom-to-operate, validity, IPRs, due diligence and general business matters.
His knowledge base includes homeland protection, medical imaging, motors, alternative energy, engines, advanced manufacturing and other technologies. In addition, Pat acts as general counsel for select companies in the manufacturing industry providing on-call services for daily business dealings.
Pat has extensive experience in leadership and management, coordinating new business efforts, ensuring that matters are staffed appropriately and cost-effectively, and has been heavily involved in retention and recruiting efforts. He also served on the firm’s Compensation Committee and was leader of the Intellectual Property practice group for 17 years.
- Indiana University School of Law-Bloomington (J.D., 1993)
- Jessup International Moot Court Team (Member)
- Purdue University (B.S., 1990)
- Genetic Engineering
- Missouri, 1998
- Illinois, 1993
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Patent Law (2015-present)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Intellectual Property (2012-present)
- Named to the IP Stars list from Managing Intellectual Property magazine (2016-present)