A member of the firm’s Litigation practice group, Peter Donaldson is an experienced trial lawyer who handles a broad array of commercial litigation matters, including disputes regarding contracts, real property, land use, corporate governance, fraud, business torts, fiduciary duties, employment, insurance, franchising, creditor’s rights, intellectual property, probate and trust, receivership, securities, and other matters. He represents clients in state and federal courts, both in bench and jury trials, as well as in mediation, arbitration and appeals.
Peter collaborates with other lawyers from across the firm to deliver comprehensive solutions and drive favorable outcomes for his clients.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Peter was a partner in the Salt Lake City office of an international law firm, where he chaired the office’s Recruiting Committee for many years.
- University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- William H. Leary Scholar (Top 20%)
- Utah Law Review (Senior Staff)
- Journal of Law & Family Studies (Executive Editor)
- Outstanding Achievement Awards: Contracts, Legal Writing
- Moot Court and Trial Advocacy
- Pro Bono Award Recipient (50 Hours of Pro Bono Service)
- Brigham Young University (B.A., 1998)
- Spanish Minor
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Utah State Bar, Litigation and Real Property Sections
- Mountain States Super Lawyers® (2014-present); Rising Star (2009-2013)
- Utah Business Magazine Legal Elite (2015-2020)