Sherry Doctorian offers individuals, companies and trade associations effective and reputable regulatory representation and lobbying on matters pending before the state legislature and a wide variety of Missouri administrative agencies.
By advocating for or against pending legislation, she helps clients achieve their public policy objectives and recognizes that regulatory laws, administrative rules and policy decisions can impact the vitality of both individuals and organizations. Sherry began her career as an assistant attorney general in Missouri representing various state agencies and has lived in Jefferson City for over 25 years. She has a deep understanding of the processes and people in state government and leverages her extensive network of contacts to successfully represent her clients.
A former legal counsel to the Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions and Professional Registration, Sherry serves as a Missouri insurance regulatory attorney for life, health, property and casualty insurance companies with issues involving the department. She regularly handles Form A hearings, market conduct examination and financial examination disputes, receivership and insolvency matters, and agency and agent licensure matters. Sherry has assisted several clients with the formation of captive insurance companies and currently represents the Missouri Captive Insurance Association as its lobbyist at the statehouse. Additionally, she represents professional licensees (primarily physicians and dentists) before the professional licensing boards and the Administrative Hearing Commission.
Sherry is also a member of the firm's Marijuana and Hemp Law and Agribusiness and Food industry teams. She regularly represents clients in the medical marijuana industry in Missouri. Most recently, she worked with clients throughout the application process, including successfully securing licenses, filing appeals for rejected licenses, and maintaining good relationships with state regulators. In addition, Sherry lobbies on behalf of clients before the Missouri General Assembly and state agencies regarding various medical marijuana matters.
Further experience includes assisting clients with procurement matters and Sunshine Law issues, representing clients before the Public Service Commission, helping business entities who have sales and use tax issues navigate the Department of Revenue, and aiding clients with preparing and filing applications for tax credits and other financial incentives with the Department of Economic Development.
She also handles general civil litigation for clients of all sizes, from small businesses to large corporations.
Active in firm management, Sherry is a member of the firm's Pension and Nominating Committees, and serves as vice chair of Armstrong Teasdale's Political Contributions Committee.
She also serves as executive vice president for government relations subsidiary AT Government Strategies LLC (ATGS).
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D.)
- Truman State University (B.A., cum laude)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- The Missouri Bar (Board of Governors; Administrative Law, Health & Hospital Law Committees; Young Lawyers Section)
- American Bar Association (Tort and Insurance Practice Section)
- Cole County Bar Association (Former President; Chair, Scholarship Committee)
- State Law Resources Inc. (Chairman, Board of Directors)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (Trial Academy Presenter; Legislative Committee)
- National Hemp Association (Member)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- United Missouri Bank (UMB) (Board of Directors)
- River Oak Christian Academy (Board of Directors)
- The Supreme Court Historical Society
- Zonta (Board of Directors, 2013-2015)
- Capital Region Medical Center (Former Board of Governors)
- Rape and Abuse Crisis Service (Former Board of Directors)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Government Relations Law (2007-present)
- State Law Resources President’s Award (2014)