Ty Ketchum is a litigation attorney whose work has been recognized by his peers and the legal community for several years. In 2019, Ty was named among The Best Lawyers in America® for Litigation - Labor and Employment and recognized as a Labor & Employment Star - Midwest by Benchmark Litigation. He has been included on the Kansas City Business Journal's Best of the Bar list on multiple occasions and named a Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyer® from 2013-present.
Ty primarily focuses upon employment, insurance coverage, personal injury and commercial litigation cases. His practice is unique in that he has handled high-stakes cases for clients involving many different areas of law.
In connection with this diverse litigation practice, Ty has tried cases to verdict before courts in Missouri and Kansas and has argued before the Missouri Supreme Court, Missouri Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit.
Ty also serves as deputy general counsel at Armstrong Teasdale.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Truman State University (B.S., 1996)
- Missouri, 2000
- Kansas, 2003
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (Former Co-Chair, CLE Advisory Committee; Member, Board of Directors, 2010-2012)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Downtown Council of Kansas City (Board of Directors)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Visitation Parish (Member; Athletic Committee)
- Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity, Truman State University (Member)
- Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment Star - Midwest (2019-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Litigation - Labor and Employment (2019-present); Employment Law - Management (2021)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® (2013-present); Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2010-2012); Super Lawyers®, Business Edition (2013-2015)
- Best of the Bar, Kansas City Business Journal (multiple years)