Armstrong Teasdale’s skilled attorneys and trial lawyers regularly represent government contractors in a variety of legal matters from procurement and bid protests to M&A transactions and investigations.
We understand that every great government contract opportunity comes with inherent risks and challenges. Our attorneys have extensive experience securing and defending contracts with numerous federal agencies, including the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Energy and others. With a vast knowledge of the ever-changing Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), our attorneys enjoy a reputation of excellent client service, often going above and beyond to address complex matters.
Our deep bench includes attorneys and industry consultants with distinctive experience as former federal prosecutors and judges, military and retired U.S. government personnel. Their experience lends to their ability to help clients achieve their government contracting objectives by taking advantage of key opportunities, while mitigating risk.
We work closely with companies that are new to the government contracting space, as well as established Fortune 100 companies and nongovernmental organizations, across industries including aerospace, defense, intelligence, health care and pharma, energy and utilities, manufacturing, professional services and information technology.
Our strengths lie in our ability to seamlessly leverage diverse experience from practitioners across the firm nationwide, especially in the following areas.
- Litigation: Our trial lawyers have decades of experience and a proven track record handling high-stakes, bet-the-company litigation related to bid protests and contracting disputes, and related appeals. We have represented clients before various federal and state courts, as well as government agencies, offices and review boards.
- Transactional: We work closely with M&A clients both purchasing and selling assets, including transactions involving government contracts. Our attorneys complete all aspects of a deal, from due diligence and disclosure to negotiation, novation and closing.
- Investigations: Clients turn to Armstrong Teasdale attorneys when they find themselves the target of complex criminal and civil investigations or when internal investigations are necessary. Our attorneys have assisted clients with matters involving fraud and statutory violations across heavily regulated industries, as well as federal False Claims Act (FCA) and qui tam actions.
- Regulatory: Our regulatory practice spans a wide range of compliance matters, including national security, international trade and export controls, suspension and debarment, and ethics and audits.
- Intellectual Property: With more than 90 skilled intellectual property professionals firmwide, our team is well-versed in contracts involving patents and data rights from the perspective of both protection and enforcement.
Further, our attorneys are active members of NCMS, the Society of Industrial Security Professionals, as well as the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) and the American Society for Industrial Security. As nationally recognized leaders in the areas of government contracting and industrial security, they frequently present to these audiences and author tailored content about changing regulations and risk mitigation.