Gregory Deschler is a partner in the firm’s Financial and Real Estate Services practice group.
Greg has extensive experience representing public and private entities on publicly offered and privately placed tax-exempt and taxable financings, guiding clients through the deal from start to close as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, disclosure counsel, developer’s counsel, and company/borrower’s counsel. He has negotiated adjacent incentives and handled related real estate components. He also represents banks as lender’s counsel on commercial and construction financings.
Greg’s practice also extends to advising clients on various securities laws and disclosure issues related to public finance in both the primary and secondary market. Further, he has helped clients implement changes in response to regulatory amendments from the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Before joining Armstrong Teasdale, Greg was an associate at a Kansas City, Missouri, law firm. While in law school, Greg externed with Judge Roy L. Richter of the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Eastern District. Prior to law school, he interned with the United States Senate Committee on Finance.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2014)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, Childress Lecture Managing Editor
- Academic Excellence: Honorable Teresa Tolle Award in Constitutional Law I, Business Associations, Administrative Law; Excellence in Journals Award
- Legal Research and Writing, Teaching Assistant
- Dean’s Scholar
- University of Dallas (B.A., cum laude, 2010)
- Economics and Finance
- Concentration in Spanish
- Rugby Club; Team Captain, 2009-2010
- The Missouri Bar
- The Kansas Bar
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Project Finance Law (2023-present), Real Estate Law (2024-present)
- Up & Coming Award, Missouri Lawyers Media (2022)