Julie Fix Meyer is a member of the firm’s Litigation practice group working primarily on matters alleging personal or catastrophic injury and wrongful death.
Julie’s practice includes multi-jurisdictional litigation in federal and state courts involving pharmaceutical products liability claims and toxic torts. She serves as counsel in several coordinated proceedings in Illinois and Missouri. Julie is experienced in overseeing all aspects of fact and expert discovery, including depositions, and has extensive experience in briefing jurisdictional, Daubert and other dispositive motions over a range of issues. For large companies, manufacturers, utilities and their insureds, she handles alleged claims of physical harm due to toxic tort exposures, including asbestos-related claims.
Julie has an extensive background in federal trial procedure and practice.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- Saint Louis University (B.A., 1981)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Greater East St. Louis Community Fund Board of Directors (President)
- Law Firms in the Nation’s Service (Board Member)
Prior to joining the firm, Julie was a career law clerk for Judge William D. Stiehl in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois where she handled complex federal civil and criminal matters for over 25 years.