Kevin Stolworthy is an experienced trial lawyer whose practice encompasses commercial litigation, including class action cases, white-collar criminal defense and construction litigation.
In the commercial area, Kevin’s practice focuses on banking, bad faith insurance and coverage and construction issues. He represents borrowers, guarantors, insurers, and financial institutions in real estate and banking law litigation, with an emphasis on deficiency, guarantor and FDIC actions.
Kevin also serves material suppliers, contractors, subcontractors and developers in cases involving claims of breach of contract, fraud, conspiracy and construction defects. With a detailed understanding of insurance coverage and claim process issues, he strategically handles these often very technical insurance matters involving CGL and D&O insurance.
His experience includes defending various business entities against consumer class action lawsuits. These cases involve allegations of fraud, false advertising, unfair trade practices and breaches of state and federal consumer protection laws.
In addition, Kevin is experienced in white-collar and other types of criminal defense work. This background includes managing criminal jury trials involving Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations and Clean Air acts. He also has more than 20 years of experience as an appointed member of the Federal Public Defender’s CJA Panel for U.S. District Court, District of Nevada.
Kevin speaks and lectures frequently on construction and insurance coverage topics for professional groups. These topics include fundamentals of construction law in Nevada, mechanic’s liens and bond claims, rules of professional conduct that affect construction law attorneys and insurance coverage and bad faith insurance issues.
Services and Industries
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School (J.D., 1986)
- Brigham Young University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1983)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- I Have a Dream Foundation (Co-Founder and Director)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas, MyVegas magazine (2016)
- Top Lawyers 2013, Vegas Inc.
- Top Rated Lawyer, Insurance Law (2013), Litigation (2014), Martindale-Hubbell and American Lawyer Media (ALM)
- Nevada Business Magazine's "Legal Elite" (2013-2016)
- Co-Founder and current President of the “I Have a Dream” Foundation in Las Vegas
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Insurance Law, Construction Law, Litigation-Banking and Finance, and Litigation-Construction (2011-present); Lawyer of the Year (2016)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers® (2011-present); Super Lawyers®, Business Edition (2011-present)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell