Maggie Szewczyk is a litigator in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice group, representing clients in complex intellectual property matters in federal and appellate courts throughout the United States and at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. She also has experience representing clients in matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
Maggie prosecutes and defends against claims of infringement for patents, copyrights and trademarks encompassing a wide array of industries and technologies. In addition to handling all aspects of pre-trial litigation, including preparing noninfringement and invalidity opinions, Maggie is also instrumental in all phases of litigation including taking and defending depositions, drafting dispositive motions, and trial. She also counsels clients on a variety of other intellectual property matters, including patent and trademark counseling, due diligence and licensing.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law (J.D., Dean's List, 2015)
- SIU Academic Scholarship
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards
- Saint Louis University (B.A., 2009)
- Communications, Marketing
- University of Missouri-St. Louis
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2023)
While in law school, Maggie worked at the firm as an intellectual property litigation clerk. She also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Michael J. Reagan, Chief Judge for the Southern District of Illinois.