Kevin Prewitt, a member of the firm’s Litigation practice group, focuses on many types of legal matters, including employment, insurance coverage, real estate, personal injury, class action and franchise cases. His experience includes defending franchisees and real estate brokers and agents against claims brought under the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act and Kansas Consumer Protection Act.
In the area of employment litigation, he defends employers against claims pursuant to the Missouri Human Rights Act and Title VII. His experience includes the successful defense of one of the largest anesthesiologist practice groups in the Midwest against alleged fraud under the federal False Claims Act.
Kevin has second-chaired multiple jury trials throughout his career and is well-versed in all phases of discovery, trial preparation, and negotiation of settlements.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- UMKC Law Review (Board Member and Comment Editor, 2012-2013; Staff Member, 2011-2012)
- Joseph E. Stevens, Jr. Memorial Prize for outstanding legal writing by a first year law student, CALI Excellence Awards for Introduction to Law II & Advanced Legal Writing: Business Contract Drafting
- The Urban Lawyer (Staff Member, 2011-2012)
- University of Missouri (B.A., magna cum laude, 2006)
- Art History, Classical Studies
- Athletic Video Department
- University Honors, Departmental Honors
- University of Missouri Club Ice Hockey Team
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
- Museum Docent
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Completed the Kansas City Missouri Bar Association’s Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2016-present)
Kevin was a law clerk before joining the firm fulltime. Prior to his legal career, he was an operations analyst in the transportation and logistics industry.