Our U.K. Capital Markets team are ranked in the Legal 500 U.K., and our lawyers are experienced in all types of public company work involving AIM and the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, as well as the AQUIS Growth Market. The team, who are particularly strong in the mid-market, regularly advise issuers on a range of matters including pre-Initial Public Offering (IPO) fundraisings, IPOs, special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), dual listings, secondary offerings, open offers, reverse takeovers, acquisitions, disposals, the continuing post-admission regulatory requirements and all aspects of life on the public market. Working alongside our Securities and Corporate Finance lawyers in the U.S., we can offer clients an incredible depth of experience, including:
- Transfers between segments or stock exchanges such as from AIM to Main Market and vice versa, and cancellations of listing.
- Secondary capital raisings, share buybacks, private placements and tender offers.
- Acquisitions and disposals, reverse takeovers and related party transactions.
- Public company takeovers and defence matters under the U.K. Takeover Code.
- Shareholder proposals and dealing with activist shareholders.
- Disclosure obligations, inside information and market abuse matters.
- Compliance with the U.K. Corporate Governance Code, Quoted Companies Alliance Corporate Governance Code, and corporate governance and other continuing obligations under the various regulatory rules.
- Board and committee composition, succession planning and diversity.
- Directors’ duties and responsibilities, independence and ongoing director education.
Our lawyers advise across a number of key industry sectors including natural resources, minerals and mining, commodities, technology, financial services and banking, and health care and life sciences.
Our international platform enables us to fully and seamlessly coordinate highly complex domestic, cross-border and multijurisdictional transactions. Our U.S. teams have extensive experience representing public companies listed on the NYSE and NASDAQ, and are dedicated to learning each client’s business, industry and objectives. Our team also works closely with experienced Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions and Securities and Corporate Finance lawyers in the U.S. around the world to address a variety of strategic client needs.